Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken Tenders - A Recipe to try tonight!
Made Macadamia-crusted chicken tenders the other night. Whoa! Luscious. All ages raved. Better than plain-breaded tenders.
Recipe serving 4 people:
Prepare: 1-1/4 lbs. Chicken Tenders
For the dipping mixture -
Blend: 2 Egg whites 2 tsp. Cornstarch Juice from 1/2 lemon For the crusting mixture -
1 Cup Sea Salt Macadamias, ground in food processor - don't grind too much, but enough so Macs aren't too course 3/4 C Panko Bread Crumbs 1 T Chopped fresh parsley (optional) Salt and Pepper to taste (remember, Macs are salted)
For Cooking: 2-3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Combine egg whites, cornstarch, lemon juice in wide shallow dish.
- Combine ground Macs, bread crumbs, parsley, S&P in second wide shallow dish.
- Dip tenders in egg-white-cornstarch mixture and then in second bowl pat crumbs on both sides of chicken.
- Set tenders on rack and let "air dry" 20-30 minutes.
- Pour olive oil in oven-save, non-stick skillet and sauté chicken tenders until golden brown, 5-8 minutes.
- Flip chicken tenders and transfer to oven. Roast 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- EAT AND ENJOY!