Here’s one way to score a touchdown when you and your friends sit down on Feb. 7 to watch the biggest game in football: Break out a variety of luscious and nutritious Hawaiian-grown Macadamia Nuts. These buttery tasting nuts will make your Big Game get-together more memorable … more healthy … and more tasty. Plus, your football friends will cheer for more.
Royal Hawaiian’sRoasted Macadamias and our Fruit and Macadamia Crunches are great on their own. For starters, they’re a healthy alternative to other snacks. They’re loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats – the same ones in olive oil and avocados. They can help curb your appetite so you don’t overeat. And they pair well with a variety of libations. So what’s not to love!
Here are 6 ideas for bringing Aloha to your Big Game gathering:
- No doubt many of you will have beer drinkers at your Big Game Bash. Try these Beer and Macadamia pairings:
- Serve our smoky Hawaiian Barbeque Macadamias with Light Lagers, like Coors Light or Bud Light, and American Brown Ales, like Koko Brown from our neighbors at Kona Brewing Co. or Indian Brown Ale from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery.
- Our Wasabi Soy Macadamias pack just the right amount of wasabi heat – great with Czech Pilseners, like Samuel Adams Noble Pils or Pilsner Urquell.
- And you can go All American by serving our popular Sea Salt Macadamias with American-Style IPAs, like Lagunitas IPA from Lagunitas Brewing Co. or Ranger from New Belgium Brewing.
- And for you wine drinkers … The food website Foodista suggests pairing Macs with white wine, late harvest Riesling, Riesling, and Viognier. They also pair well with milk – for any youngsters or non-tipplers enjoying the game.
- Intercept less healthy snacks by substituting delicious and nutritious Macadamias. For example: Swap out BBQ Chips and Swap in our Hawiian BBQ Macs.
- Mix up your starting line by serving a variety of Roasted Macadamia Nuts. Our 100% Hawaiian-grown Macadamias are perfectly roasted and seasoned in six delicious flavor varieties: Natural; Sea Salt; Maui Onion; Hawaiian BBQ; Wasabi and Soy; Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper.
Break out the Fruit and Macadamia Crunches when “crunch time” arrives. Our delectable crunches combine the rich, buttery taste of roasted Macadamias with almonds, yummy fruits and berries. They come in three varieties: Mango Pineapple; Kona Coffee Banana; and Mauka Blueberry Pomegranate.
- Give your salad some Hawaiian flare. Top it with some of our Roasted Macadamias.
No matter which team wins the Big Game, Royal Hawaiian Macadamias will ensure that you and your friends are winners.